Custom Earmolds for Hearing Aids
CUSTOM EARMOLDS: $95/each
Custom earmolds are an important part of fitting a Behind-the-ear and some Receiver-in-canal style hearing aids. At your appointment our specialist will determine the correct material and style of earmold for your needs. Earmolds come in various styles to accommodate for different kinds and degrees of hearing loss. Depending on the style and size of your earmold it may or may not be visible in the ear. Some are designed to sit deep in the ear canal while others are larger and can cover the entire bowl of the ear. For those who have a visible earmold, many people choose to get the earmold in a color that is similar to their skin tone so that it will blend in. However, earmolds come in a wide range of fun colors and glitter options. What to expect when making your earmold:
- At your visit, we will make an impression of your ear using a material that starts out semi-liquid and hardens a few minutes later once it sets, this way we can obtain a cast of the inside of your ear canal.
- We will discuss with you the style of the earmold we will be recommending.
- Most of the earmolds we make are a hard material called Lucite. Sometimes we will recommend a softer silicone material depending on the degree of loss or comfort requirements.
- We mail your impression to the manufacturing lab for production.
- Custom earmolds typically take 3-5 business days to make.